Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Homeward Bound

I'm on the morning flight from London to Delhi today!

With a cool three weeks of holiday to be spent in India, I'm excited, happy and already looking at a packed social calendar. The best thing is that I will be spending Diwali with my parents - something I haven't been able to do since 2002. It's not as if I haven't seen them in the interim; but being able to spend the festivals with family is a big thing (if you don't believe me, might I point you towards the multi-million dollar Hollywood industry that each year produces several major Christmas movies extolling the importance of family values, togetherness, peace on the earth and goodwill to men?)

So the next few weeks of blogdom will be written from India - how cool is that?!

4 comments:

Mayank Austen Soofi said...

hey, it is cool you are in delhi!
Mayank Austen Soofi

Lotus Reads said...

Ahhhh, I'm green with envy! Wish I could go home for Diwali! Anyway, enjoy your trip and make good memories for yourself...

Happy Diwali!

The Buddha Smiled said...

Hi guys,

Mayank, I WAS in Delhi for all of two days - meeting friends, grabbing SO many coffees, catching up on old times. I've now gone up to the Himalayas, where my family stays and will be enjoying Diwali in the Himalayan chill.. but it was great to be back for those two days as well! :)

Lotus, I'm doing my best to enjoy EVERY single minute of my trip - its only when I come back to see my parents do I realise how much I miss having them as a part of my daily life! But such is life - we live our dreams and have to step away from our past, only to return and enjoy the moments when the present and future becomes too much to handle...

Mayank Austen Soofi said...

Where in Himalays? Do you know I was born in Nainital? When I'll die, I'll have my ashes dispersed in Naini lake. Won't it be cool?