Saturday, April 14, 2007

Loving the Land of the Pyramids

I was in Egypt for a couple of days this past week; not enough to really get around, but just enough to be able to see the Pyramids from the hotel in the daytime, and then attend the sound & light show in the evening. Work constraints meant that I could only attend the show that's done in French. End result is that I spent minutes listening about "le roi Tootanchamoon", "la pierre Rosette" & "la belle Neferteetee".... quite surreal, but nonetheless a fantastic experience. I really loved buzz that Cairo has; it seems like a fascinating place, and somewhere I have to go back to soon!

Looking from the Nile east over Mohandiseen towards the Citadel
Look familiar?
Cecil De Mille, where are you?
And they say Bollywood is colourful

3 comments:

Lotus Reads said...

Egypt! Cairo! The pyramids! Lucky,lucky you! We lived in the Middle East for the longest time but just didn't make the opportunity to visit Egypt. How I want to kick myself for not making the time.

Would love to go there some day!

Deepu Narayan said...

Expecting a much detailed travelogue.
and one about Istanbul..If u r planning to visit some time

The Buddha Smiled said...

Hey all,

If you're at all interested in Egypt, all I can say is, GO! I was so excited to be in Egypt it was hard to describe it in words. Unfortunately I was there on work so only had one evening to wander around the pyramids. Consequently, there's not much of a travelogue there, but watch this space for the Istanbul travelogue...

Take care,
TBS