Friday, September 29, 2006

Back from Dubai

So I finally made it back to London from the world of sand, dust, shiny new buildings, and enough air conditioning to make the most moisturised Hollywood actress turn into a prune from dehydration. I can't believe how happy I am to be back in London - I guess I always forget when I'm away from this place how much of a home its slowly become for me. The only other place I feel that way for is Delhi...

Anyway - I will write a post on Dubai in a little while. Let's just say that being there reminded me a bit of Amitava Ghosh's novel, In an Antique Land, with its strange mix of Arab, Western & South Asian culture.

Space Age City - a view over Dubai Marina

View from an Abra - taking the ferry across Dubai Creek

Courtyards - within the Souk Madinat Jumeirah

Shiny

1 comment:

Maja said...

Hey, welcome back! Wow, these pictures are beautiful.